You may have heard that your dental practice website needs a blog to reach out to potential patients, but what topics should you write about on your blog? A great place to start when brainstorming topic ideas for a dental blog is with the questions that you are frequently asked by patients in your office or even by strangers once you mention that you are a dentist. Keep a running list of frequently asked questions and involve your staff in keeping a similar list. Often, patients will ask your front office manager a different set of common questions.
You can take the opportunity in your blog to answer questions that are specific to your dental practice. These questions might include:
- What training and education has the dentist received?
- How do you handle insurance? Which insurances do you accept?
- What will your office do to ease my fears about the dentist?
- What are your hours?
- Why do you use certain materials like composite fillings?
You can answer questions that are of interest to the broader population as well.
- When will my baby’s teeth begin to erupt?
- How long do dental fillings last?
- Why do my gums bleed when I brush my teeth?
- Is there anything that can fix my sensitive teeth?
- What is the best way to whiten my teeth?
- Is there a way to protect my child’s teeth while playing sports?
When you are struggling to come up with a topic for a dental blog post, refer to your frequently asked questions list for ideas. That reminds me, I need to go write a blog post for my dental practice blog.