It’s the first day of April….no fooling. What are your marketing plans for this month? This week is spring break vacation for the school districts in my area so the office is buzzing with children whose parents are taking advantage of the days off to schedule appointments. As a dentist, when your patient schedule is full, it is easy to forget about marketing for awhile as you focus on treating patients and running the business aspects of your dental office. However, if you put off marketing efforts until the office is slow, you may prolong those slow times. We have found it helpful to maintain a Dental Marketing Calendar that reminds us to stay on top of marketing year round.
Here are some things we will be doing in our office this month:
- Looking at our First Quarter new patient reports to see what marketing venues worked for us at the beginning of this year,
- Reaching out to current and potential new patients through our e-newsletter, Facebook page, Twitter and blog,
- Using those same venues, as well as postcards, to remind current patients to schedule their summer appointments,
- Exploring marketing venues to attract new families and encourage them to schedule their children’s dental appointments over summer break,
- Using internal marketing to ask our current patients to refer their friends and neighbors to our office and
- Continuing to provide top-notch customer service and dental care for our patients.
The Dentistry’s Business Secrets’ Practice Marketing Tools CD includes a Monthly Marketing Calendar that you can add to and adapt for your office to make marketing a priority all year.