Recently, one of our new patients took the time to write an amazingly kind patient review of our O’Fallon dental office. Everyone in the office was touched by her writing and it renewed our commitment to providing gentle, compassionate dental care. As I was reading through the article, I couldn’t help but notice all of the specific things she addressed which are outlined in my book Dentistry’s Business Secrets: Proven Growth Strategies for Your New or Existing Practice. I have highlighted some of the points she made below with a reference to the chapter in the book that addresses that item.
- She found our office because she noticed our sign on her way to another business. Chapter 3 of the book discusses finding the right location for your dental office. Chapter 6 discusses the importance of proper signage to attract new dental patients.
- She finally called to make the appointment after following our office for months on Facebook. Chapter 26 discusses the ins and outs of using social media to attract and retain dental patients.
- Our new patient was greeted by a friendly and understanding person when she called to make her appointment and again when she stepped into the office for the first time. She mentions that everyone in the office treated her with respect. Chapters 8 – 10 discuss hiring and training the ideal staff. Chapter 11 discusses treating your dental patients with a guest mentality.
- The office was clean and well equipped. Chapter 5 discusses office design decisions that can lead to patient comfort.
- The treatment plan was presented with time for the patient to understand what was necessary and with an accurate estimate of the costs involved. Chapter 17 discusses treatment planning for case acceptance. Chapter 18 discusses the great importance of training your staff to figure and present accurate dental co-pay estimates.
We were so thankful that our patient took the time to write such a glowing review of our office and to encourage other patients that they can find a compassionate dentist that is right for them.
Full Table of Contents for Dentistry’s Business Secrets: Proven Growth Strategies for Your New or Existing Practice.